On the list of world's simplest recipes, cooking bacon is probably not far behind boiling water. However, home chefs know that getting perfectly crisp bacon with minimal mess is actually not as easy as one might think. This recipe solves both problems while putting the "bake" back in bacon. We've tried every method for preparing bacon and find this recipe to the best of the best.
- 1 Pkg Sunset's Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon (12 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper
- Arrange bacon strips on paper making sure pieces do not overlap.
- Bake for approximately, 15 to 18 minutes or until bacon reaches desired doneness.
- Transfer strips to a paper towel to drain.
Save the bacon fat and store in the fridge and use the next time you need to fry onions. They will be heavenly.
Of course, bacon is beloved for breakfast but we also like these serving suggestions:
- Chop and sprinkle on a salad
- Chop and sprinkle into Mac and Cheese - add pimento for extra flavor
- Also great on deviled eggs