Salad’s aren’t just for Summer, roast up your favorite winter vegetables in this versatile winter couscous salad made with roasted onion, pumpkin, sweet potato, sautéed spinach and pomegranate.
This weeks dish: Winter Couscous Salad with Spicy Chicken
1 cup pumpkin diced
1 cup sweet potato diced
1 onion diced
500g chicken tenderlions
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp dried coriander
½ tsp salt
2-3 bunches spinach
1 cup couscous
1 cup water
1 tsp butter
- Coat vegetables with 1 tbsp oil and a sprinkling of salt and lay in a roasting tray. Bake for approximately 30mins or until a fork easily pierces them.
- Place the chicken into a bowl and add 1 tbsp oil, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and coriander. Use a spoon to make sure the tenderloins are evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Fry chicken on medium heat until golden then remove from the pan to a cutting board to sit while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Roughly chop spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add water, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt to saucepan and bring to the boil, once boiling remove from heat, add couscous, cover and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid, add butter and fluff couscous using a fork.
- Slice pomegranate in half and remove seeds from the white flesh.
- In a large bowl add couscous, winter vegetables, spinach, and pomegranate seeds. Mix through and place chicken on top of the couscous salad and garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander. Serve & Enjoy.