Rigatoni with broccoli
Sometimes you’re in a hurry and need something delicious to put on the table…and fast. Now you have your go-to recipe! This flavorful and incredibly simple pasta dish can be made using ingredients you already have in your cupboards. Serve with a side dish and garlic bread, and you can’t go wrong! Your husband will think you slaved away in the kitchen for hours. Plus, it’s so yummy your kids will never know they’re eating vegetables. And with broccoli on sale this week at Sunset for 69 cents a pound, it’s inexpensive, too. So what are you waiting for?
The recipe calls for fresh Parmesan, which is obviously delicious, but if you’re in a bind some out of the shaker will work too. Enjoy!
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large skillet heat oil and butter. Gently brown garlic, add broccoli and saute gently for 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth; cover and simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Toss the broccoli mixture with the basil and cooked pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.