You’ll have no trouble getting a beautiful, crispy, browned crust while keeping the chicken moist and flavorful. The mustard provides just enough tang to make it tasty. This is a perfect family recipe –everyone from kids to the grandparents will love it. Serve with your choice of mashed potatoes, a vegetable, salad, or a pasta.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (5-oz) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1 1/2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Special equipment: parchment paper
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and add chicken breasts, tossing to coat well.
Combine bread crumbs, cheese, butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pulse in a food processor until combined well. Transfer to a shallow soup plate or pie plate.
Dredge chicken, 1 piece at a time, in crumbs, coating completely and pressing gently to help crumbs adhere, then transfer to baking sheet. Bake in middle of oven until golden brown and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.